[TYPO3-content-rendering] Graphical TMENU - tying up loose ends

Stefan Beylen intsys at swissinfo.org
Mon Jan 9 14:11:12 CET 2006

Torsten Schrade wrote:
> He,he - it was half past midnight and I was "in the flow of things"... :)

yeah, I know what you mean ;)

>> hm, actually the JS is pretty useful as it preloads images, some
>> browsers do not preload background-images (doesnt look very nice on
>> hover)
> That's true and I would prefer images preloaded by JS as well! But it
> might be a goold idea to have this configurable for users so that they
> can switch it off if they don't like it.

true!

>> I think mine is a bit easier to use as it works like a regular gmenu,
>> the only difference is that you have to include an iprocfunc
> Have you tried the constant editor? ;) Anyway, my draft is just a proof
> of concept since the thread from last July was getting cold...

no, cant remember when I was using the constant editor last time :)
I will have a look at it and give you some feedback offlist. Heres my
IProc: http://www.weingut-donabaum.at/fileadmin/gtmenu.txt
note that there are 2 different funcs, one with dfn-list and one with
regular u-lists

> Kewl! If I get you right, there are now three working approaches to the
> idea of a GTMENU. I think this provides good ground for getting things
> packed up into something useful for everybody else?!

full ack
I think the 3rd approach (see www.sil.at) is the best...but
unfortunately I dont have access to this one :(
Anyways, I will ask Wolfgang Klinger if he can provide us with the
source, he modified my version of GTMENU

later!