[TYPO3-content-rendering] Graphical TMENU - tying up loose ends

Torsten Schrade schrade at lineara.de
Sun Jan 8 23:11:10 CET 2006

Stefan Beylen schrieb:
> cool ;)
> why didnt you contact me? I have a version here that works too...could
> have saved you some time...

He,he - it was half past midnight and I was "in the flow of things"... :)

> hm, actually the JS is pretty useful as it preloads images, some
> browsers do not preload background-images (doesnt look very nice on hover)
That's true and I would prefer images preloaded by JS as well! But it
might be a goold idea to have this configurable for users so that they
can switch it off if they don't like it.

> I think mine is a bit easier to use as it works like a regular gmenu,
> the only difference is that you have to include an iprocfunc

Have you tried the constant editor? ;) Anyway, my draft is just a proof
of concept since the thread from last July was getting cold...

> here are 2 examples where I use the menu:
> http://www.weingut-donabaum.at/
> http://www.mnozilbrass.at/
> http://www.sil.at/

Kewl! If I get you right, there are now three working approaches to the
idea of a GTMENU. I think this provides good ground for getting things
packed up into something useful for everybody else?!

Greets, Torsten