[TYPO3-content-rendering] Fieldset around radio-button group

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Sun Apr 9 01:02:39 CEST 2006

> It seems as we both prefer critism in a more friendly manner.

Just to explain why I've been so angry:
You asked for the help of the community to find and fix problems in the RCs.
Even though I have quite a lot of work to do I spent lots of hours to check
the new versions especially with TypoScript and content elements.
While most of the stuff worked flawless there were some issues that were
more than annoying since they destroyed the whole look of some testsites I
had been using for the tests.
I reported these issues as blockers just to find out that you changed them
to be "minor bugs" without considering the things I found out _and_ that you
released the new version with those bugs still intact.
Don't you think that it's like a slap in the face when you find out that the
power of a few man-days has been invested for nothing?!

> I'm agree that things went wrong but one thing we must also agree
> about is that you cannot just sit down and wait until someone else
> fixes the problems which you find important.

Well - I just asked you to wait until I come up with a solution. Just a few
hours more would have been enough. You know that I am not the one who sits
and waits - usually I can deliver a fix for a problem just in time.

> Although parts of TYPO3
> are financed by the Association, in its biggest part it's still a
spare-time
> project. Just keep that in mind, please.

And this is why I can't understand that you (the team) removed different
features where it was not necessary _and_ that you inserted other features
where it was not necessary.
I guess it took somebody quite some time to remove captionSplit and replace
it with something else even though nobody asked for it and nobody reported
it as a bug.
It took even more time to insert hardcoded fieldsets around radiobuttons
where they are not needed to gain accessbility.
There are other things as well, that lost backwards compatibility just
_because_ somebody took the time to change something where the old stuff has
been working flawless.
If the unpayed spare time of the core team and their helpers is so limited,
why did they waste it with this completely needless stuff?
There's a saying: If it's not broken, don't fix it! - Could have saved you a
lot of time and trouble.

BTW: The problems with the FORM element have been reported early enough -
not by me but by others as well - unfortunately I stepped in a bit too late

I already sent some things to our new "bug collector" - so let's see what
the future has to offer ...

Have a nice weekend too ...

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian