[TYPO3-content-rendering] Fieldset around radio-button group

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Fri Apr 7 17:35:56 CEST 2006

> Being constructive and oriented towards solutions instead of boring
> mud:
>
> For the future, lets define:
>
> - Core Team leader (stucki at the moment) has absolute authority in
> deciding severity of reports.
> - The RCx must truely represent a version where all bugs are fixed
> which were intended to be fixed for the release. Anything else is
> beta.

So we've got a beta now? Good to know.

> - In the RC period, people can
> a) submit bugs for the RC. Core Team Leader is allowed to set priority
> b) new and existing bugs with low priority can be debated publicly
> and we could have a voting system.
> - The final RC will stay unchanged for one week before a final
> release, no surprises, all debates has been made.

If this will be the case for future releases: fine!

> @JoH: You still don't seem to acknowledge that a release of TYPO3 may
> have complexities outside your own scope which makes Stucki more
> capable than you to determine what is a blocker and what is not. I
> see you argue that what you think is important, rules.

Well - I have been the one reporting those bugs, but I don't think I am the
only one considering these things to be important.
As I told you: I don't care who posted the bug, or for whom it might be
important - as long as it is important for a larger number of TYPO3 users,
it should be considered a blocker as long as it is not solved.
A new feature that doesn't work perfectly yet is no blocker as long as it
has no impact on the rest of the system. People will test it and maybe find
solutions for the next version.
But an existing feature that has been kicked without further notice
definitely is a blocker. This is not just an opinion but a simple fact that
is not to be discussed.

> I know the core team wants to listen. Sometimes we just can't filter
> out the noise. This time we probably missed some important
> objections. Could we now work on a mechanism that bridges this gap
> next time instead of obsessing on what went wrong. This is not
> politics for Gods sake!

But sometimes it sounds like that, when constructive criticism gets answered
with things like: Your only problem seems to be that you are not part of the
team ...

The "meachnism that bridges this gap" is already existing and it's called
bugtracker.
The only problem with the bugtracker is that it is used for direct
communication between endusers (often without experience as a developer) and
core devs (often without enduser experiences).
The problem is: Things that are important for endusers might be completely
unimportant for core devs and vice versa. But in fact it's the enduser that
makes TYPO3 successful. You can implement as many sophisticated technical
features as you like, TYPO3 will only be successful if it fits the need of
its users. So what we need seems to be some moderator who will have an ear
for the needs of the users while having enough technical knowledge to
discuss these things with the core devs.

What do you think about that?

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de