[TYPO3-content-rendering] Fieldset around radio-button group

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Fri Apr 7 04:48:02 CEST 2006

>> IMHO we are still far from 4.0 final, but this is another story ...
>
> Maybe you did and I didn't know it, but did you check the generated
> code in earlier test versions (any of the betas)?
>
> I'm happy that we ship soon. And I hope we get a 4.1 soon (2-4 month)
> that will polish and further enhance all the new stuff of 4.0 and fix
> some more bugs we know of.
>
> But I'm worried that the content rendering group is starting to
> discuss the ideal markup at this time. Perhaps one of you should join
> the Core developers group as a representative.

Well - I don't think this will change very much ...
While we are still discussing about a proper way of using fieldsets in this
group, Stucki already implemented a patch that will keep two of the
hardcoded fieldsets. Hello?!?
Nobody seems to care about the things that the content rendering group has
to say about FORM. There is so much actionism during the last weeks that
quality doesn't seem to be important anymore.
And this is why I said we are still far from 4.0 final even though it might
be out in a few days.

I always read things like "It's already too late", "We have to ship soon",
"4.0 must be ready in a few days" - the question is: WHY?!
Since this is open source and not the product of a commercial company there
is no boss forcing the developers to keep any deadline.
It would be a sign of maturity if the core developers would decide to ship
4.0 in September when all major bugs and especially the conceptual bugs have
been fixed.
3.8.1 is working properly so there is no need to hurry with 4.0.

The current behaviour of the core team will IMHO harm the overall reputation
of TYPO3.
Too much features that are not yet finished or implemented in a questionable
way but only a few guys are willing to discuss those things before the
release of a final version.

Kaspers signature says: A contribution a day keeps the fork away ... -
Well - this is only true if you are willing to work with these contributions
in a democratic way. At the moment this is not the case and I guess there
will be many people who are frustrated about the fact that they are just
ignored by commander Stucki and his overmotivated task force.
At the moment he is changing the severity of all the blockers I have posted
to the bugtracker
from "blocker" to "minor bug" - to acchieve what?

If this is the new style of the CORE Team I don't think a representative
will have any influence at all.

Have a good night

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian