[TYPO3-content-rendering] Fieldset around radio-button group

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Apr 7 08:23:53 CEST 2006

Hi Joey,

> Well - I don't think this will change very much ...
> While we are still discussing about a proper way of using fieldsets in
> this group, Stucki already implemented a patch that will keep two of the
> hardcoded fieldsets. Hello?!?
> Nobody seems to care about the things that the content rendering group has
> to say about FORM. There is so much actionism during the last weeks that
> quality doesn't seem to be important anymore.
> And this is why I said we are still far from 4.0 final even though it
> might be out in a few days.

Sorry but this time it took too long!
There is a whole machinery running that has been started to finish 4.0 which
will happen today.

> I always read things like "It's already too late", "We have to ship soon",
> "4.0 must be ready in a few days" - the question is: WHY?!

Because (I can only speak for myself) I have a huge workload of things to do
that grows again and again until 4.0 is finally out. After all we want to
draw a line and this is here.

> Since this is open source and not the product of a commercial company
> there is no boss forcing the developers to keep any deadline.

Agree, there were better reasons to do it.

> It would be a sign of maturity if the core developers would decide to ship
> 4.0 in September when all major bugs and especially the conceptual bugs
> have been fixed.
> 3.8.1 is working properly so there is no need to hurry with 4.0.

And how did 3.8.0 work? Isn't it exactly the same to ship 4.0.1 in a few
weeks that fixes the most important bugs? After all we're very limited at
the moment since we had a feature freeze and cannot continue to work on the
next version...

> The current behaviour of the core team will IMHO harm the overall
> reputation of TYPO3.
> Too much features that are not yet finished or implemented in a
> questionable way but only a few guys are willing to discuss those things
> before the release of a final version.

Let's wait for the feedback first. Even after my reminder I sent yesterday,
nobody took responsibility to find a perfect solution for this specific
problem with the fieldsets.

> Kaspers signature says: A contribution a day keeps the fork away ... -
> Well - this is only true if you are willing to work with these
> contributions in a democratic way. At the moment this is not the case and
> I guess there will be many people who are frustrated about the fact that
> they are just ignored by commander Stucki and his overmotivated task
> force.

I'm curious why you are so well-motivated now that the time has run out? Why
haven't you been so active after RC1?

> At the moment he is changing the severity of all the blockers I
> have posted to the bugtracker
> from "blocker" to "minor bug" - to acchieve what?

Because nobody look at them until now but I wanted to do a final check of
these issues. After all most of these issues are seriously no blockers.
Just have a look at the list!

The problem is that every user can set the severity to "block" why he seems
sometimes not aware what it means...

I suppose your problem is mainly number #3005 about the removal of
captionSplit. What speaks for this being a "blocker"?

> If this is the new style of the CORE Team I don't think a representative
> will have any influence at all.
>
> Have a good night

You too. We can try to improve the problems that will be criticised, but
here I have the feeling that your main problem is that you are not part of
that team, too.

What you have done is to wait until someone of the core team is making a
decision. Why didn't you step in much earlier, push some topics to find a
solution for them?

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out