[TYPO3-content-rendering] [Typo3-dev] Re: Smart Content Rendering

Sven Wilhelm wilhelm at icecrash.com
Tue Oct 25 21:28:18 CEST 2005

> I would multiply that with 5 for TYPO3, so I guess this is rather
> utopic. Or not? It has been discussed many many times, noone has done
> anything in that direction (or have they?).
Not public yet :) I have summarized many points were the current system
lacks. At the moment I write drafts how topics could resolved. Don't
know when or if they go public.

I think the rebuild topic won't start as a public process because too
many people would try to discuss things that are totally unimportant.

But I guess a rebuild of the core would take up to two years. The big
question is: Will TYPO3 look similar after that process? I'm sure: No.

> And if we do that, do we need backwards compatibility? Maybe it would
> turn out just fine as in the Gallery project, where G1 and G2 are now
> being developed in paralell, by different development teams (the
> "pragmatics" vs the "extreme-programming-fans-and-wannabes")?

Wannabes?
Using successful development styles (see the way Eclipse is developed as
one) and the right tools is the key for a rapid development.

Regards

Sven