[TYPO3-content-rendering] [Typo3-dev] Re: Smart Content Rendering

derjoerg joerg at schoppet.de
Tue Oct 25 21:08:20 CEST 2005

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Also happened in the Gallery project (http://gallery.sf.net). Gallery-1
> was done in the already cited "pragmatic" way, but it came to a point
> where the author (Bharat) decided that it wouldn't make sense to
> continue developing on that base. So he wrote it completely from scratch
> (Gallery-2). But this took him around 3-4 Years.
>
> I would multiply that with 5 for TYPO3, so I guess this is rather
> utopic. Or not? It has been discussed many many times, noone has done
> anything in that direction (or have they?).
>
> Cheers,
> Ernesto

Well, but how many developers where involved in the rewrite? How many
developers will be involved in the rewrite of T3? Which skills will the
developers of the T3-Rewrite have? and so on.
Another thing is, that there have to be a good project-management, and
not something like "I will try a little bit at this place ... oh,
difficult, well, then I try this part!" and so on.

Regards

Joerg Schoppet