[TYPO3-content-rendering] TYPO 3.8 and image alignment problems in Gecko-Opera Browsers

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Mon May 30 00:17:13 CEST 2005

>> Problem: When I upgraded to 3.8.0 and looked at my site with Firefox,
>> most of my images were not aligned properly anymore but just on the
>> left side. With IE however, they were allright.
>>
>> Observation: There seems to be a difference regarding the rendering
>> of "classical" IMGTEXT-Objects in the new 3.8.0 (with "classical" I
>> mean the normal tt_content.image.20 rendering that comes from
>> css_styled_content).
>
> After a first look this was me who made that change after a
> suggestion on the dev list:
> http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-dev/2004-December/007370.html
>
> According to it this is required by XHTML 1.1.
> There are two options to fix the problem:
> a) Reverse the change
> b) Enable it only optionally considering the config.doctype setting
>    (which is what I'm going to do I think)
>
> Generally I want to remark that I'm somewhat amazed that this bug was
> not found in any of our three pre-releases of 3.8.0.

Well - I would have found it, and I could have told you that an "inline
style" would not work here - apart from the fact that a class will always be
preferrable ;-)
But - I never noticed that thread you mentioned and for testing reasons I
only upgraded my personal testsites, where I am not working with IMGTEXT at
all since we are creating a TS based solution there using IMAGE and TEXT
inside one surrounding COA. So I was not able to even see the bug.

Sorry.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau