[TYPO3-content-rendering] TYPO 3.8 and image alignmentproblemsin Gecko-Opera Browsers

Alexander Schories alexander at schories.com
Tue May 31 08:39:34 CEST 2005

Hello Michael,

> Just joking, see above - I meant it's not _as_ stable as you
> could expect...

I understood that - i just gave you no further details, that for us here it
IS as stable as we dared to expect:

Well, there are many complex TYPO3 sites running here. All of them were
updated to 3.8.0. A school site with teachers, pupils, means many users -
nobody found the image-alignment-problem. Even after i discovered it a day
later and told them, that i will look out for a fix, people told me once
more that they love TYPO3 and it is no big issue for them at all!

As an interim solution i patched back the code in class.tslib_content.php to
3.7.0.

Everybody seems to be *very* happy here with 3.8.0 - until now nobody has
complained a single time..so at least over here it`s all stable and
wonderfull. Really. :)

So please understand, that i somewhat dislike people always complaining to
be "shocked" about a bug in a "final version" of a software. Well folks,
"final" will never mean perfect. Even not for TYPO3. :D

> However it has at least 200 bugs less than 3.7.0 has!

Cool!

> If you keep your word then my mail was worth the time. May
> others follow
> your example...

Don`t worry - i keep my word!

Btw: As you will know, i am not that far away located from you - so i will
always have to fear "Major Stucki" coming to my place and beat me up. :D

Thank you once again!

Kind Regards

Alexander Schories
Tuebingen, Germany

If privacy or security of communication is on your mind, feel free to
establish a secure transmission using the PGP public key obtainable from
http://www.schories.com/alexander/pubkey/alexander_schories.asc