[TYPO3-content-rendering] TYPO3 3.8.0 XHTML strict mailform

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker at no5pam.blackbox.net
Mon Jun 6 16:47:55 CEST 2005

"Martin Kutschker" <martin.kutschker at no5pam.blackbox.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1118046327.14328.typo3-project-content-rendering at lists.netfielders.de...

> "ben van 't ende [netcreators]" <ben at netcreators.nl> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1117831771.12504.typo3-project-content-rendering at lists.netfielders.de...
>> Hi CRG List,
>>
>> I put up an article about the XHTML valid mailform on TYPO3.org:
>>
>> http://typo3.org/teams/content-rendering/get-the-x-into-html/
>>

> I'm a bit confused as some of your changes are already in 3.8.
>
> As for the other changes:
>
> fieldPrefix - you can do that with fieldWrap already. But we need an
> idPrefix and I like the boolean/string syntax.

I had a look at the diff now, it seems to be that you fieldPrefix is in fact
an idPrefix.

And I have a small problem with this as it removes illegal chars. I prefer
replacing with a safe char (eg _):

substr(ereg_replace('[^a-zA-Z0-9_]','',str_replace('
','_',trim($name))),0,30);

And I think it is safe to use the hyphen and the colon for ids (according to
the specs). So this is what I suggest for a readable name2id translation:

$name = ereg_replace('\[|\]\[?',':',trim($name));    // turn data[x][y] into
data:x:y:
substr(ereg_replace('[^a-zA-Z0-9: _-]','_',$name),0,30);    // replace
illegal chars with _

Other than that the diff looks good. Nothing left to do for me :-)

Masi