[TYPO3-content-rendering] CSS Styled Imgtext

Stefan Beylen intsys at swissinfo.org
Wed Jul 6 10:28:11 CEST 2005

Krystian Szymukowicz wrote:
> I think maybe the 3rd one trusted could be TYPO3 Association?

I think so as well...absolutely right...

> Sounds good! I think it does not have to be all-in-one universal
> solution. For more complicated img/txt layouts there should be another
> ext. Thats my point of view.

well, as proposed in my other post the best would be to offer another
checkbox in the backend "use table layout". so when it comes to 3+ cols
_PLUS_ 2+ rows _PLUS_ captiontext that exceeds the imagewidth or needs
2+ lines then one could check the box "use table layout".
so it /would/ be 100% compatible to css_sytled_content and /would/ be
tableless in 99.5% of all cases. in the other 0.5% a _not nested_ table
would replace the DIV, SPANS or whatever. And you can choose for
yourself for any contentelement.
thats IMO the closest we can get :)
and this /should/ be able to be realize in 2 weeks working time. (4 days
added for table option ;)
anyways, as I mentioned previously I will write a proof of concept and
do some testscreens as well. probably this weekend.