[TYPO3-content-rendering] CSS Styled Imgtext

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Tue Jul 5 20:28:33 CEST 2005

> heyhey! no cheating...
> I was talking about multiple columns PLUS multiple rows.
> I didnt cheat on your layout either...

And I was talking about multiple line s for captions that are more common
usage for websites.
It doesn't matter how many images you want to use, since the solution must
be working from 1 to n images.

>> As you might notice this is not very uncommon for almost any client
>> that is using pictures with a slightly more descriptive caption.
>> Together with relative font sizing it will be a must for almost any
>> caption that is using more than one word.
>
> ok, but dont forget that using one or more words is not the problem.
> it depends on image width.

One word will never make a multiple line caption - so multiple line problems
will only occur for two or more words.

>> Regarding NS4+ you might find it interesting that we did a TYPO3-Job
>> for the Intranet of Sun Microsystems where more than 30% of the
>> people still used this browser veteran.
>> It depends on the target group, whether you have to take minorities
>> into account or not.
>
> ok, and this is accessible? if the target group is audience that needs
> accessible websites go for css_styled_whatever, if it doesnt matter go
> for css_styled_content. /can/ even look nice in NS 4.08

Yes - it was very accessible. It was one of the weirdest things I ever saw
but at least we managed to create a content that was kind of readable for
NS4 users, looking nice for NS6+ users and accessible for screenreaders and
text based browsers.

>> BTW:
>> The target group of this list is not just "semantics fetishists" -
>> this is a minority too ;-)
>> It's about finding working solutions for people that want to use a
>> cleaner code and more comfortable styling for their TYPO3 based
>> sites.
>
> exactly. and a list with images would be better/cleaner than a <div>
> wrapped around each image.

This is your personal opinion - I say <table> - others say <div> - so which
is the "only" way to go?
The solution is so obvious that everybody seems to overlook it ...
Now you can show if you are just a purist fighting against tables or a
really flexible inventor ... ;-)

>> And I guess most of the people using TYPO3 don't care how it is done
>> and which tags are used, as long as the code is valid, accessible,
>> lean and working for most common browsers.
>
> yeah, probably because they dont understand it ;)

And just because you believe you understand the weirdness of the CSS specs
you want to force them to use your solution?
If we do it the way I am thinking of, there will be no force just freedom of
choice for everybody ...

>> We can do that as a team - but this will implicate the ability to
>> acknowledge possible faults and tolerate other opinions. You don't
>> have to adopt these opinions but at least you should accept that
>> there are many ways leading to Rome ;-)
>
> if <table> is your way I'll go to Venice.

Fine - i will be in the area for two weeks from 06. August - maybe we can
meet at a fight club there ;-)

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau