[TYPO3-content-rendering] CSS Styled Imgtext

Stefan Beylen intsys at swissinfo.org
Tue Jul 5 20:43:13 CEST 2005

JoH wrote:
> And I was talking about multiple line s for captions that are more common
> usage for websites.
> It doesn't matter how many images you want to use, since the solution must
> be working from 1 to n images.

ok, so you say this <table>-less project should "die" just because one
thing doesnt work that is used in almost _no_ websites. at least I dont
know any, no matter typo3 or anything else.
and dont forget, we are not talking about gallerys but regular
_contentelements_ (means: text with image)

> One word will never make a multiple line caption - so multiple line problems
> will only occur for two or more words.

ah, so css_styled_content breaks single words then? btw.: there is a css
property that breaks words if they exceed the specified width. I dont
know if this is implemented in all browsers though. Anyways, I just
wanted to mention it [ot].

> Yes - it was very accessible. It was one of the weirdest things I ever saw
> but at least we managed to create a content that was kind of readable for
> NS4 users, looking nice for NS6+ users and accessible for screenreaders and
> text based browsers.

ok, I believe you. but thats not the point. you cant make nice design
that looks the same in NS4.08. but thats not the point of this
discussion either ;)

> This is your personal opinion - I say <table> - others say <div> - so which
> is the "only" way to go?
> The solution is so obvious that everybody seems to overlook it ...
> Now you can show if you are just a purist fighting against tables or a
> really flexible inventor ... ;-)

I prefer being the purist. at least when it comes to contentelements ;)

> And just because you believe you understand the weirdness of the CSS specs
> you want to force them to use your solution?

I dont want to force anyone. feel free to use css_styled_content,
css_styled_imgtext or whatever you want. write your table layout.
you are free!!!
thats what ext's are for...if you like it take it, if you dont - take
something else. If this ext. will ever exist I hope you wont use it on
your sites :D

> Fine - i will be in the area for two weeks from 06. August - maybe we can
> meet at a fight club there ;-)

we having fightclub on netfielders already. rule 1: if this is your
first night - you have to fight. unfortunately we are the only members
at the moment. C'mon people listening - say something (useful!)