[TYPO3-content-rendering] CSS Styled Imgtext

Stefan Beylen intsys at swissinfo.org
Tue Jul 5 16:47:17 CEST 2005

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> I was under impresseion that lists were not properly specified in the specs,
> so both models were valid. But no, I didn't re-read the specs right now to
> prove my point.

you dont have to prove your point as in the examples I gave you see that
padding/margin is the same in both IE an MOZ

>>so what is this then?
>>see: http://www.sbmp.at/fileadmin/imgtxt/test2.html
> What does this page prove? The lists don't have any bullets so you do not
> run in the margin/padding problem.

i still use padding to align the images.
in test example 3 I use both, margin and padding. even negative margin.
see: http://www.sbmp.at/fileadmin/imgtxt/joh/test3.html

> We can switch to mail if you like.

no, everything is already said.

> DIVs.
>
> IMHO the complete thread is nonsense and misguided. The current code is
> not-perfect but I'm sure it can be improved without switching to a
> completely different set of HTML tags.

the current code of css_styled_imgtext is not working and _far_ away
from perfect. too far. plus: it will never even come close to
css_styled_content. I am convinced that the method I proposed is the
_only_ one that can get the closest to css_styled_content.

@misguided & nonsense: the things you were contributing were nonsense.
And thats not just my opinion - you can find the prove yourself if you
read the specs.