[TYPO3-content-rendering] CSS Styled Imgtext

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker at no5pam.blackbox.net
Tue Jul 5 16:10:43 CEST 2005

"Stefan Beylen" <intsys at swissinfo.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1120550184.5527.typo3-project-content-rendering at lists.netfielders.de...
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> Hehe, have fun with styling. LIs are not stylable X-browser. IE and
>> Mozilla disagree where to apply margins and paddings.
>
> just IE has problems (box-model-bug). anyways, with the appropriate
> document header they are *almost* gone.

I was under impresseion that lists were not properly specified in the specs,
so both models were valid. But no, I didn't re-read the specs right now to
prove my point.

> so what is this then?
> see: http://www.sbmp.at/fileadmin/imgtxt/test2.html

What does this page prove? The lists don't have any bullets so you do not
run in the margin/padding problem.

> I *hope* that discussion is ended now.

We can switch to mail if you like.

> p.s.: bottom aligned, no spacing between, different heights in different
> rows.
>
>> PS: Besides I still don't believe that LIs or DFNs add anything useful to
>> the semantics of the page when it comes to images.
>
> so what you suggest? are tables better in your opinion? or divs? or

DIVs.

IMHO the complete thread is nonsense and misguided. The current code is
not-perfect but I'm sure it can be improved without switching to a
completely different set of HTML tags.

Masi