[TYPO3-content-rendering] CSS Styled Imgtext

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Tue Jul 5 13:53:26 CEST 2005

>> Show me that you can do it - and don't come back before you got a
>> completely working solution that is _not_ using Kilobytes of
>> And make sure that you take a look at my screenshot before ... ;-)
>
> et voila: www.sbmp.at/fileadmin/imgtxt/joh/test3.html
>
> any questions?
>
> works in all browsers that I was able to test in (PC, MacOSX). took me
> roughly 15 mins, maybe 20. now I need to do some other work as I have
> a job beside producing test-layouts for you.
>
> p.s.: no tons of css. now _you_ do it with less code in a table.
> X-browser of course.

Well - now it's getting ridiculous.
Of course I am able to produce something like this manually in just a few
minutes.
And you just proved that you are too. Wow! I'm deeply impressed ;-)

BTW: Still no correct horizontal and vertical alignment between text and
imageblock.

But we are talking about an automated approach for a TYPO3 based CMS here.

So:
How do you create something like this automatically?
How do you decide where to use float and where not?
How do you decide where to use negative margins and where not (and calculate
them automatically!)?
How do you calculate the different widht and height for the different
browsers based on relative font-sizes?
At the moment you just use some additional _fixed_ height for the li-tag to
create the space needed for the <span> which has got a _fixed_ font-size.
There will be other combinations of different heights that will have to use
completely different height, float and/or margin.
Are you going to create something like a PHP based AI to achieve this?

Believe me: If it was as easy as you claim it to be I would already have
solved it. But from my personal experience I can tell you it is not!
And don't bother me with another manually created example. Show me a proof
of concept for a TYPO3 based solution!

Then you might come back and show off again ... and the crowd (including me)
will applaud.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau