[TYPO3-content-rendering] CSS Styled Imgtext

Stefan Beylen intsys at swissinfo.org
Tue Jul 5 14:01:05 CEST 2005

JoH wrote:
> How do you create something like this automatically?

I know the image width, the height and if they got a caption...right?

> How do you decide where to use float and where not?

further I know how many there should be in a row and how many there are
of them

> How do you decide where to use negative margins and where not (and calculate
> them automatically!)?

yes. automagically. this is a further rule. 1+1=2

> How do you calculate the different widht and height for the different
> browsers based on relative font-sizes?

now you are starting to nitpick. images stay the same as they are. the
captions in this example I just produced disappear if you increase the
font size at about using 7 times the scrollwheel in Mozilla.
frankly: I dont care. disable your stylesheet if you are _that_ blind.
or use a screenreader.

> At the moment you just use some additional _fixed_ height for the li-tag to
> create the space needed for the <span> which has got a _fixed_ font-size.

as stated: if I use mozilla it doesnt matter if the fontsize is fixed.
so it also works if i set it to relative.

> There will be other combinations of different heights that will have to use
> completely different height, float and/or margin.
> Are you going to create something like a PHP based AI to achieve this?

no. see above.

> Believe me: If it was as easy as you claim it to be I would already have
> solved it. But from my personal experience I can tell you it is not!
> And don't bother me with another manually created example. Show me a proof
> of concept for a TYPO3 based solution!

you were asking for the example. you bothered. you said its not
possible. end.

> Then you might come back and show off again ... and the crowd (including me)
> will applaud.

I dont want to show off. I just want to show ignorant people like _you_
are that it is possible. I wont do anything further in this direction
without sponsorship as stated in my very first post.

for me: *end of discussion* - continue it if you want, I dont...I am
sick of what you are trying to tell me.