[TYPO3-content-rendering] CSS Styled Imgtext

Stefan Beylen intsys at swissinfo.org
Mon Jul 4 09:13:49 CEST 2005

Torsten Schrade wrote:
> 2. The concept of imitating table-layout with pure CSS it's very hard to
> achieve and very probably might never work in a crossbrowser environment.

very hard != impossible
@crossbrowser: the only problem I see is MSIE boxmodelbug. anyway, with
the right TS-setup-config you can get rid of that.

ergo: I say it IS possible

add a static stylesheet that stays the same for every page
add some Inline styles in the page header that gets written different
for every Content Element
add <span>-s where they are needed
...will work

> I think we would fare far better if we didn't try any longer merging two
> different concept into one. A "third way" should be taken:

I dont think so. Everything in the backend should stay the same. plus
its functionality.

> This might mean less flexibility

I dont like less flexibility.

> OK, roast me if you like and cheers,

no roasting, its hot enough here anyways ;)