[TYPO3-content-rendering] CSS Styled Imgtext

Torsten Schrade schrade at lineara.de
Mon Jul 4 09:55:01 CEST 2005

Stefan Beylen wrote:

> very hard != impossible
Exactly! This is why i wrote "very hard" because I believe it to be
possible as well ;-). But when? And when will it be water-proof so that
really every single TYPO3 user from 3.5 onwards can just plug it in and
all her/his old imagblocks are brand new css-div/spans?

> add a static stylesheet that stays the same for every page
> add some Inline styles in the page header that gets written different
> for every Content Element

> add <span>-s where they are needed
display: blocks and floats. What do you do about clearing? This is risky
business because a clearing element sometimes clears not only within its
parent but in the vicinity as well. That means some image-elements could
bump against a floated menu-div nearby in some scenarios (at least i had
this effect sometimes with css_styled imgtext)...

But please post some more information on you plans it sounds very
interesting!!

> ...will work

Yes! But why has it got to be a clone of the old IMGTEXT? To have the
same functionality like the classic IMGTEXT you will have to write quite
elaborate CSS and this will be much more prone to specific user settings
within their templates/css/layouts.

>> I think we would fare far better if we didn't try any longer merging
>> two different concept into one. A "third way" should be taken:
>

> I dont think so. Everything in the backend should stay the same. plus
> its functionality.
>
>> This might mean less flexibility
> I dont like less flexibility.

This was not my whole sentence ;-) I ment less flexibility for the time
being plus NEW functionality => more flexibility in the end.

> no roasting, its hot enough here anyways ;)

It is indeed! I'm very interested in your plans Stefan and if you like
can offer some helping css-hand in case you go for it :-). Cheerio,
Torsten