[TYPO3-content-rendering] GTMENU (Graphical Text Menu)

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Sat Jul 2 01:18:17 CEST 2005

>> This is absolutely fantastic! Well done Stefan :-) Will you share
>> your IProcFuncs in the Wiki or somewhere?
>
> sure...but first I want to remove that JS stuff...I am also thinking
> of extending tslib_menu with a new menu type (GTMENU) and publish it
> as an extension...but not sure if I can do that on my own but I will
> have a look at it this weekend...
>
>> I always thought JS-stuff related to menus is hardcoded. To my
>> knowledge it certainly can't be switched off with TS. Hope someone
>> else has a clue
>
> yeah, I thought so...anyway, lets see what the experts have to say
>
>> cheers and congrats again
>
> thx! glad you like it...hope others do so too

Of course - but there's a small "bug" you should change:

together with
SPAN{visibility:hidden;}

will output nothing in most screenreaders, since they translate visibility
to "hearability".
You should give the <span> width, height and overflow:hidden
and then set line-height > height+font-size
This will move the text outside of the visible area while still keeping it
visible.

You can see _and hear_ the result on www.funnydragons.de where we used this
technique for the graphical headers.

And there seems to be something wrong with
"Vestibulum et augue" here http://test.lingoist.com/Curabitur_eros.50.0.html
It is two lines high but shows only one line.

But still: great job - now let's do the finetuning ;-)

Joey