[TYPO3-content-rendering] accessibility in CSS styled content

Franz Koch typo3 at fx-graefix.de
Wed Dec 21 20:42:32 CET 2005

> I won't say there is a rule, but there is a trend in that information
> and its structure (XHTML) should be separate from its styling (CSS).

I know, and I respect this as much as possible.

> This is not new, but took a huge step forward in importance since we
> have accessibility requirements. Its not only accessibility for people
> with deficiencies, but also easy accessibility for different platforms:
> celular phones, small PDAs, maybe some web-crawler that is able to make
> some sense of XHTML data.

well - ok, in some way it makes sense with the different platforms, but
e.g. for PDAs or cellphones a simple css-change might not always be
enough as the images are still to big - so you have to provide optimized
pagetypes - and there you can alter the rendering anyway.

> But I agree with you that we also need to improve the TABLE-based
> variant of IMGTEXT rendering, as this will still be the default way of
> outputing "Text with image". So any input on that matter is surely welcome.

Should I send you my modified extension?

--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch