[TYPO3-content-rendering] Email - Spam and accessibility

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun Aug 7 11:34:08 CEST 2005

Stefan Beylen schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>> No Javascript, no link at all.
>
> well, thats the same as it is right now, isnt it?
> well, even worse as right now if you disable JS you get a link but one
> that doesnt work :)

Now the link won't work but you can read (!) the address. So any
harveter that looks for "(at)" is not turned away by the TYPO3 protection.

>> Good against dumb harvesters.
>
> I dont know much about harvesters but do you think there are any more
> clever ones that actually can read this? I think they have to take the
> content from the source, not the content from the screen....how should
> they actually get it from the screen? OK, you can copy and paste it but
> would a robot really do that? As I said...no idea how it actually works...
>
>> I wonder if there are any of them that use Mozilla or IE engines as
>> page grabbers.
>
> so you think its not working then? I didnt really understand if you are
> serious or talking ironically... ;)

I'm just thinking loud what I would do if I were an address harvester.
If I had the processing power I might try to render the page and parse
the code via DOM. Anyway I wouldn't look for mailto links but for "@"
and its variants like "(at)".

Masi