[TYPO3-community] Using external extensions for community extension

Falk Hermann falk.hermann at w2on.de
Tue Sep 4 09:00:43 CEST 2007

Frank Thelemann wrote:

> go away from thinking to work in the backend at community websites.if
> you want for example update or delete a forum thread, you browse to the
> thread on the page in the fe, and if you have the rights
> (forum-moderator/admin) you update or delete the record. and that should
> be possible for any kind of content.bye bye backend! optional it would
> be fine if exist an modul like dam for files, for all community
> contents, so you can fast browse the forum and find the thread for
> example. but we talk here about "user generated content";-) so all
> should be done and possible in the frontend.

"user generated content" is OK and also necessary for a community. Bur I
  don't think, that it's necessary to give each user one PluginSite. The
most settings should be able to be done with User-Typo-Script. So you
only have to write a FE-TS-Setting Plugin.
In my opinion it is a better solution to build up new extensions with
this FE-Administratives included. Otherwise you have to change nearly
every community-ext.
And the basic thoughts to give FE-Users something like BE access...
well.... NO! Its risky and i also think it would be very difficult to
make this performant.

> @falk
> for an dev server, we should better use typo3 playgrounds on
> sourceforge,

Sorry. I don't know very much about the possibilities of sourcforge. *shame*

and to give other users an chance to contribute with us, we
> should talk in english.

Of course, for external communication and documentation. But inside the
(slowly building up) Developer-Team I would prefer to have a German
language portal.

but if this project goes on, i preferer an local
> meeting sometimes!?

I think so, too.

> greetings...
...back