[TYPO3-community] About CRUD

Frank Thelemann info at datenpioniere.de
Fri Aug 31 17:07:16 CEST 2007

Frank Thelemann wrote:
> hi michael,
>
> so i will give you an overview about crud:
> -based on access control lists and the c.r.u.d. programming concept:
> -acl-options for any fields from a TCA for
create,retrieve,update,delete
> -acl-options for access to actions from a controller
> -acl-roles based on these options
> -acl-groups basded on acl-roles
> -to the acl-groups you can assign fe-groups
What about rights on rowsets - which means that I can define access
control on a single record of a database table? This was one of the
main
problems I faced, because it's not even available in the Backend.
(For Example if you are running multiple instances of tt_news, every
time you put your plugin on a page, a editors gets a list of all
categories, not only the ones he should see in his sysfolder).

>>i think what you mean is a local right. you need acl-rights on tt_news
and tt_news_cat. crud has an internal user table in wich is definded:
the pid(page,sysfolder), the fe-user, the acl-role from the user, and
the acl-group wich the user is member.so if you have an newsfolder wich
you assigned to the plugin, you can create on your newslisting page a
user acl-usertable entry with his aclgroup,pid and his aclrole. rights
for singlerecords works only if the user is the creator=owner of the
record. if you set the user as owner on the records, then it works,and
you can define multiple owners. with that conept you can create
usergroups with "local" rights for news, comments etc. with the backend
has crud nothing to do. did i understand you?

> -if you need no login, you can define a anonymous group
> -you can define global(pagewide) rights, and lokal
> rights(usergroups,foren,etc)
> -based on MVC and PHP5
Does this mean, you implemented your own MVC Framework or is it based
on
lib/div?

>>yes of course is all based on lib/div, what else ;-)

> -crud provides only models and views
What about controllers? Are you using another framework as a base-layer?
> -the views extending the phpTemplateEngine with fe-editing features
> -the models rendering the TCA and rightsmanagement
> -no more need of hooks, because every important functions has an pre,-
> and postfunction, and furthermore php5 oop
> -all like the rendering of rights,forms, listings etc is done by crud
What about rendering of external plugins? I don't want to reimplement a
gallery or a forum in my community extension, rather use existing ones

>>well your galerie has a database and so it has an TCA, and crud works!
and special for old plugins(pi_base) plugins is crud__marker.see last
post..
 -
do you have a solution here?
> -the programmer needs only implement his special logic
> -the developer can define over TS own css,templates,locallangs,views
and
> models.
> -its possible to define for any fields special error messages for all
> possible errros and much more
> -including logging,edit-locks and edit-histories
>
> at the moment you can use crud with all TCA fields wich you can create
> with the extension kickstarter, exluding the tca type group, but comes
> soon. crud__browser is a addon for crud wich provides a model and view
> for listings and singleviews, with all features from crud. furthermore
> exist crud__marker wich is outputfilter addon for crud. you can use
for
> example in your news listing template,for example
> {{{UPDATE__TT_NEWS__###NEWS_PID###}}}. if the the fe user has the
rights
> comes an edit icon und the news, if not for example a message or
> nothing. if the user has clicked on the edit icon crud renders and
> validate the form, based on the acls and the tca. you can use these
> markers in templates,TS or templavoila. crud__marker is fe-editing for
> dummies;-), and extensions wich based on the pi_base.
>
> so that is all not an community but the base for cbs(community base
> system) wich implements models and views for ratings, votings,
comments,
> foren, blogs what ever, because all is TCA based!

Are these models generated on existing plugins? Or can I only access
the
data and not using the plugin's logic and rendering?

>>both ways!

with all that its very
> easy to build community features likes registrations, blogs
> userlistings, profiles and and and....
>
> to your questions:
> -yes we will start a wiki for crud with examples and using
> -in the next 2 weeks crud will be public on TER, so please wait so
long
> -and yes we need coding help, for implementing axaj,IRRE,flexforms,
> completing TCA, and a backendmodul for the rightsmanagement (next
steps)

> at the moment we cannot spend extra time for svn or docs, but
questions
> are welcome...

frank thelemann.
 Datenpioniere - Social Networks und mehr
 Frank Thelemann (Entwicklung,Support)

 Bernburgerstrasse 17
 Halle/Saale 06108 DE
 email: thelemann at datenpioniere.de