[TYPO3-community] About CRUD

Michael Knoll mimi at kaktusteam.de
Fri Aug 31 15:52:35 CEST 2007

Hi Frank,

thanks for you answer. After reading your overview, I still got some
questsions which I placed directly under your text...

Frank Thelemann wrote:
> hi michael,
>
> so i will give you an overview about crud:
> -based on access control lists and the c.r.u.d. programming concept:
> -acl-options for any fields from a TCA for create,retrieve,update,delete
> -acl-options for access to actions from a controller
> -acl-roles based on these options
> -acl-groups basded on acl-roles
> -to the acl-groups you can assign fe-groups
What about rights on rowsets - which means that I can define access
control on a single record of a database table? This was one of the main
problems I faced, because it's not even available in the Backend.
(For Example if you are running multiple instances of tt_news, every
time you put your plugin on a page, a editors gets a list of all
categories, not only the ones he should see in his sysfolder).
> -if you need no login, you can define a anonymous group
> -you can define global(pagewide) rights, and lokal
> rights(usergroups,foren,etc)
> -based on MVC and PHP5
Does this mean, you implemented your own MVC Framework or is it based on
lib/div?
> -crud provides only models and views
What about controllers? Are you using another framework as a base-layer?
> -the views extending the phpTemplateEngine with fe-editing features
> -the models rendering the TCA and rightsmanagement
> -no more need of hooks, because every important functions has an pre,-
> and postfunction, and furthermore php5 oop
> -all like the rendering of rights,forms, listings etc is done by crud
What about rendering of external plugins? I don't want to reimplement a
gallery or a forum in my community extension, rather use existing ones -
do you have a solution here?
> -the programmer needs only implement his special logic
> -the developer can define over TS own css,templates,locallangs,views and
> models.
> -its possible to define for any fields special error messages for all
> possible errros and much more
> -including logging,edit-locks and edit-histories
>
> at the moment you can use crud with all TCA fields wich you can create
> with the extension kickstarter, exluding the tca type group, but comes
> soon. crud__browser is a addon for crud wich provides a model and view
> for listings and singleviews, with all features from crud. furthermore
> exist crud__marker wich is outputfilter addon for crud. you can use for
> example in your news listing template,for example
> {{{UPDATE__TT_NEWS__###NEWS_PID###}}}. if the the fe user has the rights
> comes an edit icon und the news, if not for example a message or
> nothing. if the user has clicked on the edit icon crud renders and
> validate the form, based on the acls and the tca. you can use these
> markers in templates,TS or templavoila. crud__marker is fe-editing for
> dummies;-), and extensions wich based on the pi_base.
>
> so that is all not an community but the base for cbs(community base
> system) wich implements models and views for ratings, votings, comments,
> foren, blogs what ever, because all is TCA based!

Are these models generated on existing plugins? Or can I only access the
data and not using the plugin's logic and rendering?

with all that its very
> easy to build community features likes registrations, blogs
> userlistings, profiles and and and....
>
> to your questions:
> -yes we will start a wiki for crud with examples and using
> -in the next 2 weeks crud will be public on TER, so please wait so long
> -and yes we need coding help, for implementing axaj,IRRE,flexforms,
> completing TCA, and a backendmodul for the rightsmanagement (next steps)
>
> at the moment we cannot spend extra time for svn or docs, but questions
> are welcome...
>
> with digital greeetings,
> frank thelemann.

Greetings from Karlsruhe