[TYPO3-commerce] Difference between constant NORMALArticleType and regularArticleTypes?

Diego Pino dpino at igalia.com
Fri Nov 16 13:05:19 CET 2012

Hello!

In my CMS I got two types of articles, ids: '1' (books) and '4' (other
items). To be able to list the 'other items' in the Basket, for
instance, I updated the constant regularArticleTypes as:

regularArticleTypes = 1, 4

This works fine.

Then I was debugging the extension 'com_defaultstock' (for stock
handling), when I noticed a constant called NORMALArticleType (defined
at 'commerce/ext_localconf.php'). Unlike regularArticleTypes, this
constant has to be an int. There are some checkings in the extension
related with this constant, and in consequence the stock is not updated
for 'other items' when an article is purchased.

Later, grepping commerce I noticed that 'NORMALArticleType' is used in
other parts of the code. My question is, what is the difference between
these two constants. I thought that 'regularArticleTypes' defined the
list of 'article_type_uid' allowed to be sold.

Regards,

Diego