[TYPO3-commerce] simple & modern shop extension

jaco graaff jaco at spacexplorer.co.za
Fri Nov 16 06:46:47 CET 2012

Hi Gour - I tried Multishop - did not work with templavoila framework - too
many hours debugging just to get it going - also the "front-end" based
administration is removed from the standard backend-based - and I was really
loking for a approach were administrators have one common environment to do
most of their tasks.

Typo3's old ttproducts is outdated

commerce looked like the best - but alas - after going into my 4th day of
debugging just to get to the next step where it fails again I gave up

Sadly I finally went for Prestashop: http://www.prestashop.com/
I was able to get going quickly -

With the typoscript approach I would have build up from nothing (templates &
features) to the bare necessary simplicity of the UI I am looking for - it
would have been ideal.

Web-users are shop-users. I would have been able to show web-users products
when logged into the user-areas. I could show products in other areas of the
webside without tricky web-services type calls. I could have used one base
template between my shop area and the rest of the website.

The templates would also have been easy if I could just re-use and integrate
using typo-script and fluid or templavoila - but it is extremely difficult
if you are not a software engineer coding at the level of the framework
without any clear documentation - I personally focus more on front-end
interaction and components

With prestashop - I started with far to much for the simple approach I am
looking for - and had to eliminate all the unnecessary features (things my
CMS actually does - or - cumbersome checkout processes). Also to style areas
more precisely - I have to negotiate between some stuff that is in Smarty
Template engine, others that is hardcoded in php - yet others in system
Modules and then finally some in custom modules...

Because of the good (not excellent - but far better than any available for
Typo3) documentation and lots of users - I was able to find my way around
quickly.

Sadly I have no a system that generates web-users that does not talk to
Typo3 - but with the good documentation I will be able to create a module
and hook into the frameworks functionality to update users in Typo3 -

Problem is if a user is logged into Presta he is not logged into Typo3 -
managing those kind of dynamic sessions can be tricky to sync....

I am passionate about Typo3 - and do not want to spend time going to Drupal,
etc...

"Gour"  wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1352987876.959.typo3-project-commerce at lists.typo3.org...

Hello!

Starting with TYPO3 and for our small company site which has services
as only 'products', I'm asking what would be some not-too-complicated
and easy to style extension?

If there is some extension using Extbase/Fluid, it would be (probably)
even better.

For now, I'd like to be able to list our services and give opportunity
to order something, which means simple card and at the end of checkout
I'd like to display order details explaining how to pay via
Internet/direct payment to our company's account.

In the future, however, I'd like to add authorization of credit cards
by using some form-based API for which we'd need to write custom
payment module, so having some infrastructure to allow us to do it
easily would be great.

Any recommendation?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The senses are so strong and impetuous, O Arjuna,
that they forcibly carry away the mind even of a man