[TYPO3-commerce] Request for help: Clean up commerce

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Fri May 13 01:44:40 CEST 2011

Hey,

On 05/12/2011 08:44 AM, Georg Schönweger wrote:
> great idea! How exactly can i partecipate?

thanks to you and Torben! Great to see some people care :)

The basic cycle is like this:
If you are doing simple clean ups and no-brainers that do not affect
current behavior and just fix some CGL things or something, you can
commit right away to trunk. If something goes wrong, we will be there
for help anyway. You should commit only one thing at a time and mention
this change in the file changes.svn. I have done this recently with all
my clean ups. If you do not feel comfortable with this, we will also
happily review any changes and will give you feedback. Just post your
patch to typo3-team-commerce at lists.typo3.org in this case.

If you do work on 'real' issues like bug fixes or features, the patch
must be reviewed and confirmed by someone else. In this case you should
create a forge issue and post it to typo3-team-commerce at lists.typo3.org
for review. If reviews are complete, you can commit. In many cases you
will get something like 'yeah, that nagged me too all the time, I've now
verified your change, it works, go ahead'. Sometimes it is also
something like "this patch is too short sighted, please adapt it", in
this case you should work on it a bit more. If you are lucky, the
reviewer might even come up with a new version of your patch, which is
the appreciated way. I will try do go through this cycle with my first
'Move to fluid' patch, now. You are invited to review!

Regards
Christian