[TYPO3-commerce] problems with template system

Rik Willems rik at actiview.nl
Tue Sep 1 13:21:45 CEST 2009

Hi Bob,

1)
Basically typoscript is a big configurator. It thus instructs the
extension on how to behave. If you remove/delete parts of the typoscript
it doesn't mean the extension does do anything. It will miss that part
of the config and use default. Or in case it does need a config give
weird output (like the image).
The extension also looks for the subparts, in this case <!--
###CATEGORY_ITEM### -->. If it can't find it an error will be given. To
remove the category text in single view you must remove the individual
markers but keep the subpart. Then all be fine.

2)
It probaly has something to do with multilanguage. If you don't use that
it seems normal that it doesn't produce output. You can look in the
source how that marker gets filled.

3)
By the looks of it you can not do this here. To be sure you must look in
the source. If you are willing to contribute this please make a patch so
it can be added.

4)
I think it's a fragment of something. Below it says: allArticles. If you
set this to 1 all articles of the chosen product will be shown. Set it
to 0 and only one is shown.
In the last case you can add select boxes so customers can choose the
right article. See the recent discussion 'Missing attribute drop-dowm
menu' on how to do that.

Hopefully this answer most of your questions.
One of the reason that you might not be answered the fact that commerce
is quite complex. There is only a handful of people how really know
everything.

Greets, Rik