[TYPO3-commerce] custom orders: can Commerce do this?

Rik Willems rik at actiview.nl
Wed Nov 4 09:18:16 CET 2009

Hi Stefano,

This makes it a little clearer already. With creating orders, do you
just mean selecting products from a list and adding those to a shopping?
Finalized with a checkout that actually creates the order?

Commerce is full of hooks that you can use to expand and modify its
behaviour. Through those hooks you can create the safe buying of pdf
books, paper subscription. The buying of 'normal' products is of course
supported standard.

If you look at the code and use that appropriately I guess you could
also create orders in commerce through your own extension. But I'm not
sure if that would be a good idea. But, commerce does support the use of
external databases/services for getting prices, inventory and I suppose
also the products itself.

I'm convinced that commerce would be a good starting point for your
problem. But I would advice you to first describe your problem on paper
very well. From there you can make the right choices.

Hope that helps. If you have more questions or if anything is unclear
just write a reply. Anybody can have or gain insights from these
discussions.

Greets!