[TYPO3-commerce] custom orders: can Commerce do this?

Morten Olesen mo at idefa.dk
Thu Nov 5 08:34:02 CET 2009

Hi Stefano,

Stefano Cecere wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 09:32:24 +0100, Rik Willems <rik at actiview.nl> wrote:
> so i was wandering how easy it was to use Commerce APIs (has it any APIs
> ?) to place the order straight from my extension into Commerce cart !

see the doc/ dir in the commerce extension.

as for adding items to the customers basket from a 3rd party extension;

$basket=$GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user->tx_commerce_basket;
if ( !is_object($basket) ){
	tx_commerce_div::initializeFeUserBasket();
	$basket=$GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user->tx_commerce_basket;
}
if (!$basket->add_article($articleUid,$quantity)){
	//for some reason this didn't work, could be a stock problem, etc.
	//put code to handle it here
}

> any idea?
> is any Commerce developer available for this job, if we go with Commerce?

Commerce isn't managed by a single company but rather by a group of
volunteer workers. So if you cannot implement it your self, you need to
either convince us that it will be a usefull addition to the commerce
core, or hire a company/freelance developer to do it for you.

/Morten Olesen