[TYPO3-commerce] how to change sorting of articles in list view

toni milovan tmilovan at efpu.hr
Thu Jun 4 18:01:01 CEST 2009

Hi Morten,

Thanks for replying to my question. However no matter how hard I try I
cannot seem to find the "articleOrder" hook you mentioned below. I have
the latest commerce version from svn meaning 0.11.10 and mentioned hook
ain't there (postinit is).

Regarding the question why should I need such functionality, well my
client just wants it that way. He is creating many articles by just
copying template product, and after copying sorting field are empty so
he has to click to the sorter to fill the sorting fields for articles
while he just wants the to be sorted by the order they were created.

Thanks,

Toni

On 2009-06-03 08:38:50 +0200, Morten Olesen <mo at idefa.dk> said:

> Hi Toni
>
> Not really sure why you would want to do this now that sorting is finally in...
>
> at any rate
> articles,products,etc have a postinit hook that allowes you to change
> stuff such as which fields to load or sortorder ($this->orderField)
> before the actual database call
> Hook:
> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['commerce/lib/class.tx_commerce_product.php']['postinit']
function:

> postInit($ref)
>

> Article order even has it's own hook
>
> Hook:
> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['commerce/lib/class.tx_commerce_product.php']['articleOrder']
function:

> articleOrder($originalOrder)
>
> so:
> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['commerce/lib/class.tx_commerce_product.php']['articleOrder'][]='EXT:/yourextension/class_tx_yourextension.php:tx_yourextension';

<?php
class