[TYPO3-commerce] how to change sorting of articles in list view

Morten Olesen mo at idefa.dk
Wed Jun 3 08:38:50 CEST 2009

Hi Toni

Not really sure why you would want to do this now that sorting is
finally in...

at any rate
articles,products,etc have a postinit hook that allowes you to change
stuff such as which fields to load or sortorder ($this->orderField)
before the actual database call
Hook:
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['commerce/lib/class.tx_commerce_product.php']['postinit']
function: postInit($ref)

Article order even has it's own hook

Hook:
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['commerce/lib/class.tx_commerce_product.php']['articleOrder']
function: articleOrder($originalOrder)

so:
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['commerce/lib/class.tx_commerce_product.php']['articleOrder'][]='EXT:/yourextension/class_tx_yourextension.php:tx_yourextension';

<?php
class tx_yourextension{
	function articleOrder($originalOrder){
		return 'uid';
	}
}
?>

ps. even if a hook is not documented you can easily find it your self by
grepping through the source;

grep -nR classRef | grep foreach

you can then grep through that result with what your looking for - in
your case article & order:

/Morten