[TYPO3-commerce] article_select_attributes with one article

Pascal Cramer pascal at NOSPAMroguesheep.nl
Wed Oct 22 09:50:19 CEST 2008

Hi Morton,

thanks for explaining. With a selectbox it indeed would not make as much sense
but in this shop we have set the "allArticles=1" option in order to show all
colors and an 'order now' button. In this case when a product is available in
just one color, the customer will not see this color specified with the order
button.

Not showing the color name is interface-wise perhaps also a bit confusing
because with all the other products the colors (multiple) are shown.

Perhaps the changes can be made is such way that the system will show
article/attribute even when there is only one article per product. For the
"allArticles=0" case this result in a select box with nothing to select, just
having the one attribute. Indeed a bit strange but in my opinion a
good,consistent way to communicate with the customer.

Please, feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this further or
need some help implementing.

Regards,
Pascal