[TYPO3-commerce] Add address field for state/region

David Toshack david at vaultin.com
Fri Oct 5 07:32:51 CEST 2007

Franz Koch wrote:
> Very bad idea to modify the locallang files. This is not necessary at
> all and can be done with pure TS like this:
> ----
> plugin.tx_commerce_pi3._LOCAL_LANG {
>     default.label_zone = zone
>     de.label_zone = Region
>     #... for every language you need
> }
> plugin.tx_commerce_pi4._LOCAL_LANG {
>     default.label_zone = zone
>     de.label_zone = Region
>     #...
> }
> ----

Yes, TS is definitely a much better solution if its not going to be
added by default. I think it should be though. Does anybody agree?

>> That should be it. Should these be added by default?
>
> I think there is no need for it, as it can be done with few lines of TS
> and most of the countries don't need zones by default I guess.
I would assume most countries _do_ need zones by default. Well not
_need_ them but speaking from a marketing point of view it can be very
handy demographic information and I believe most online checkouts
collect it for this reason. Thats my opinion anyway. :-)

Cheers,
David