[TYPO3-commerce] Add address field for state/region

Jordan Schaan jordan at sensolutions.com
Fri Oct 12 18:07:30 CEST 2007

Some minor corrections to the code given;

- you should use 'region' INSTEAD OF 'zone' since 'region' is the field
name in tt_address table (if you do NOT use 'region' you will find that
inserting addresses fail! [bang head against wall here])
-  pi3 uses 'general_KEY' while pi4 uses 'label_KEY' for address field
LANGs

The template setup code then becomes;
----------
plugin.tx_commerce_pi3.billing.sourceFields.region {
    type = static_info_tables
    field = SUBDIVISIONS
    select = 1
    mandatory = 1
    readonly = 0
}

#add region to addresses entered for logged in users
plugin.tx_commerce_pi4.formFields.region {
    type = static_info_tables
    field = SUBDIVISIONS
    select = 1
    mandatory = 1
    readonly = 0
}
----------

and as Franz mentioned, you can (and should) add LANG defs in the typo
setup;

----------
plugin.tx_commerce_pi3._LOCAL_LANG {
	default.general_region = State
	de.general_region = Region
}

plugin.tx_commerce_pi4._LOCAL_LANG {
	default.label_region = State
	de.label_region = Region
}
----------

Then use something like this in your template(s) to add region/zone/state
(whatever you want to call it!);
---------
---------

Also note, that this template code will give you a drop down list with ALL
of the regions (for every country). In my opinion this is not very user
friendly. I've made a small extension that adds javascript to mitigate
this. If any one is interested please contact me.

Cheers,
Jordan