[TYPO3-commerce] Add address field for state/region

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Tue Oct 2 11:30:11 CEST 2007

Hi,

> plugin.tx_commerce_pi3.billing.sourceFields.zone {
>   type = static_info_tables
>   field = SUBDIVISIONS
>   select = 1
>   mandatory = 1
>   readonly = 0
> }
>
> plugin.tx_commerce_pi3.billing.sourceFields.zone {
>   type = static_info_tables
>   field = SUBDIVISIONS
>   select = 1
>   mandatory = 1
>   readonly = 0
> }

yes, that's the way to do. Of course you also have to add appropriate
markers to your templates.

> add to pi3/locallang.xml:
>
> <label index="general_zone">Zone</label>
>

> add to pi4/locallang.xml:
>
> <label index="label_zone">Zone</label>

Very bad idea to modify the locallang files. This is not necessary at
all and can be done with pure TS like this:
----
plugin.tx_commerce_pi3._LOCAL_LANG {
	default.label_zone = zone
	de.label_zone = Region
	#... for every language you need
}
plugin.tx_commerce_pi4._LOCAL_LANG {
	default.label_zone = zone
	de.label_zone = Region
	#...
}
----

> That should be it. Should these be added by default?

I think there is no need for it, as it can be done with few lines of TS
and most of the countries don't need zones by default I guess.

--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch