[TYPO3-commerce] improve usability of category/product-tree

Andreas Stauder stauder at stauder.ch
Fri May 25 09:45:48 CEST 2007

Hi Ingo,

Ingo Schmitt wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a some problems to insert and order categories and products in
>> the tree. I'am not sure if I'am the only one or if there is a
>> motivation to think about this and spend some time and money to
>> improve the usability.
>>
>> My ideas:
>> - Click on name opens the editpage.
>> - Click on icon opens menu.
>
> Like in the normal list module.
>> - Drag+Drop as in page-tree to sort and copy categories/products.
>>
> This is hard by Javascript, and alos hard by Copieng Products Categores.
>  Remember if you do copy a catgeory, you copy alle sub categories and
> products and articles recursivly. This ist very hard to implement and
> also you will have more than one article with the same article number.
> How could you be clear which article has the right article number. Sou
> you have to add a prefix or a suffix when copyng. Also you have to take
> care about the Attributes references.

Articlenumber is the uid or ordernumber/eancode? I think there are 2
usecases:

1) You want that the same products/articles appear in different
categories -> just make a link and do not copy them, so no problem?

2) Really copy them: Ok here we have your problems. But is this the
important usecase? Isn't it a general problem with inserting
attributes/products/articles? What do you think about a API which can be
used also by import extensions?

To do the JS stuff would be cool. Should I insert a feature request to
collect sponsoring? A request was already made in
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5008
(Additional Information).

Andreas