[TYPO3-commerce] improve usability of category/product-tree

Fri May 25 08:57:15 CEST 2007

Hi Andreas,

> Hi all,
>
> I have a some problems to insert and order categories and products in
> the tree. I'am not sure if I'am the only one or if there is a motivation
> to think about this and spend some time and money to improve the usability.
>
> My ideas:
> - Click on name opens the editpage.
> - Click on icon opens menu.

Like in the normal list module.
> - Drag+Drop as in page-tree to sort and copy categories/products.

This is hard by Javascript, and alos hard by Copieng Products Categores.
  Remember if you do copy a catgeory, you copy alle sub categories and
products and articles recursivly. This ist very hard to implement and
also you will have more than one article with the same article number.
How could you be clear which article has the right article number. Sou
you have to add a prefix or a suffix when copyng. Also you have to take
care about the Attributes references.

So I like to split it into two jobs:
Build a System that allows to copy commerce elements, including the
handling of recursive copies and regeneration of article numbers.
And the drag and drop stuff.

The JS stuff could be 2-3 days, the copy stuff will be more than 5 days.
So, quite a huge work.

ingo

Ingo Schmitt                        mailto:is at marketing-factory.de
Marketing Factory Consulting GmbH   http://typo3.marketing-factory.de/
Content Management mit Typo3: Beratung - Schulung - Realisierung