[TYPO3-commerce] improve usability of category/product-tree

Andreas Stauder stauder at stauder.ch
Thu May 24 22:21:39 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I have a some problems to insert and order categories and products in
the tree. I'am not sure if I'am the only one or if there is a motivation
to think about this and spend some time and money to improve the usability.

My ideas:
- Click on name opens the editpage.
- Click on icon opens menu.
- Drag+Drop as in page-tree to sort and copy categories/products.

See also:
http://bugs.typo3-commerce.org/view.php?id=278

I have tried to understand how it works with the graytree, but no chance
;( I'am willing to sponsor the development if others join me. In my eyes
this is the hardest problem in usability. The other is the handling of
attributes/articles...

Curious about what you think
Andreas