[TYPO3-commerce] $GLOBALS['TSFE']->set_no_cache() --> bad practice --> why using it?

Wed Aug 29 19:27:46 CEST 2007

Hi,
> Hi Ingo,
>
>> we had a long discussion about the caching of pi2 (basket) and pi3
>> (checkout) in the project list.
>>
>> We considered:
>> If someone is in the Checkout-Process we need to be absolutly shure,
>> that no cachinging is done, since we need to be shure that payment
>> informations have to be personell for only one user. Se we are using a
>> non cachable link to the checkout from the basket (which basically
>> means that no chash is generated).
>

> yes - but this disables the general cache of TYPO3 - not only for the
> extensions - which slow's down the server.

Yes, I know.

As far as I know, USER_INT is
> also not cached at all, and TYPO3 doesn't send any cache-headers -
> right?

I'm not shure on this. Who could help us here?

But I understand your concern. Maybe you could add a TS-switch,
> so that the shop admin can decide?

If we are shure about the caching and USER_INT, we could change the
default. I would recomend this.

ingo

Ingo Schmitt                        mailto:is at marketing-factory.de
Marketing Factory Consulting GmbH   http://typo3.marketing-factory.de/
Content Management mit Typo3: Beratung - Schulung - Realisierung