[TYPO3-commerce] $GLOBALS['TSFE']->set_no_cache() --> bad practice --> why using it?

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Fri Aug 31 11:09:45 CEST 2007

Hello,

Ingo Schmitt schrieb:
[...]
>> yes - but this disables the general cache of TYPO3 - not only for the
>> extensions - which slow's down the server.
>
> Yes, I know.
>
>> As far as I know, USER_INT is
>> also not cached at all, and TYPO3 doesn't send any cache-headers - right?
>
> I'm not shure on this. Who could help us here?

USER_INT's are definitly never cached within TYPO3.

config.sendCacheHeaders also honors USER_INT:
http://typo3.org/development/articles/using-cache-control-headers-in-typo3/page/3/

Otherwise it wouldn't make any sense.

If any problem would arise with caching when using USER_INT I would
consider it a bug in TYPO3core.

USER_INT should IMO definitly be prefered over ->set_no_cache().

[...]

hth,
Peter
--