[TYPO3-commerce] $GLOBALS['TSFE']->set_no_cache() --> bad practice --> why using it?

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Wed Aug 29 19:12:18 CEST 2007

Hi Ingo,

> we had a long discussion about the caching of pi2 (basket) and pi3
> (checkout) in the project list.
>
> We considered:
> If someone is in the Checkout-Process we need to be absolutly shure,
> that no cachinging is done, since we need to be shure that payment
> informations have to be personell for only one user. Se we are using a
> non cachable link to the checkout from the basket (which basically means
> that no chash is generated).

yes - but this disables the general cache of TYPO3 - not only for the
extensions - which slow's down the server. As far as I know, USER_INT is
also not cached at all, and TYPO3 doesn't send any cache-headers -
right? But I understand your concern. Maybe you could add a TS-switch,
so that the shop admin can decide?

--
Kind regards,
Franz