[TYPO3-commerce] Commerce: a big disappointment

Volker Graubaum vg_typo3 at e-netconsulting.de
Mon Aug 20 18:03:59 CEST 2007

Hi Franz,

> I also have a problem - especially with the attributes. That stuff is
> just so confusing. I f.e. need products with different sizes and other
> characteristics, which should be able to select in 3 dropdown boxes.
> Creating an own article for each combination is no option and all
> possible combinations result in the same article-number (my customer
> handles this like that in his management software and is not willing to
> change that, because it would result in thousands of new tiny articles
> related with a lot of management). So I need to show three selectboxes
> coming from attributes and the value of these selectboxes has to be
> visible in the order and bill. I have no clue how to do that - neither
> do I have a idea how to start.

We haven't such a possibility right now, since every element is normally
another article.

BUT what you can do, is adding additional information behind an article
using the existings hooks.

So what I would do is

a) create attributes with multiple selections
b) show this attribute values to the customer,
c) let the customer buy, and make you're own selectors based on the
attribut in the checkout, before he have to pay.
d) add an additional field in the orderArticle whre you save this
information

Greetings Volker