[TYPO3-calendar] Help to realize a list for the upcoming week

Mario Matzulla mario at matzullas.de
Thu Mar 7 20:34:09 CET 2013

Hi Simon,

Am 07.03.13 13:49, schrieb Simon Schick:
> Hi, all
>
> I'm switching a system from ModX (0.9.X) to TYPO3 right now. A view
> years ago I wrote my own calendar-plugin for ModX which worked out quite
> well.
> Currently I am not able to do the same stuff with the extension cal.
>
> What I want:
> * All my views are in a list-view and contain every date
> * A view for all events within a selected month
> (http://postimage.org/image/n28papbhz/)
> * A view for all the events within the upcoming week
> (http://postimage.org/image/jtzmjwzuf/)
>
> The month-view is not really perfect for me, because it does also render
> events that are not exactly from the current month, but from the last
> and next month (the full-first- and full-last-week of this month), but
> that's something I could avoid by applying the style "display: none".
> Not good, but working.

You could also reset the start- and endPointCorrection for month view.
Than you would get events for that month only.

> The biggest problem I am facing now is the list of the upcoming events.
> What I can get out of "cal" is just a plain list that does not include
> dates having no event. Neither is week a good choice for me because it
> just lists a specific week - from Monday to Sunday (or where ever your
> week starts).

Well, it's up to you, to override the according view ;)

> Do you have a good solution (specially for the last one)?
> I don't have time in this project to rewrite the whole template-engine
> to FLUID, so I think I would have to write my own view - but I don't
> know if and how that's supported...

As already mentioned: DO IT :)
Each view is just a service and can easily be replaced by your own view
service (with a higher priority).

Regards,
Mario