[TYPO3-calendar] Help to realize a list for the upcoming week

Simon Schick simonsimcity at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 13:49:52 CET 2013

Hi, all

I'm switching a system from ModX (0.9.X) to TYPO3 right now. A view
years ago I wrote my own calendar-plugin for ModX which worked out quite
well.
Currently I am not able to do the same stuff with the extension cal.

What I want:
* All my views are in a list-view and contain every date
* A view for all events within a selected month
(http://postimage.org/image/n28papbhz/)
* A view for all the events within the upcoming week
(http://postimage.org/image/jtzmjwzuf/)

The month-view is not really perfect for me, because it does also render
events that are not exactly from the current month, but from the last
and next month (the full-first- and full-last-week of this month), but
that's something I could avoid by applying the style "display: none".
Not good, but working.

The biggest problem I am facing now is the list of the upcoming events.
What I can get out of "cal" is just a plain list that does not include
dates having no event. Neither is week a good choice for me because it
just lists a specific week - from Monday to Sunday (or where ever your
week starts).

Do you have a good solution (specially for the last one)?
I don't have time in this project to rewrite the whole template-engine
to FLUID, so I think I would have to write my own view - but I don't
know if and how that's supported...

Bye
Simon