[TYPO3-calendar] Weird problem with extending cal

Chris Müller mueller at cyperfection.de
Fri Oct 19 11:33:57 CEST 2012

Hello,

I am using TYPO3 4.7.5 and cal 1.5.1 and experienced a very strange
behaviour: If I install the cal__dam_references extension from TER and
logout of the TYPO3 backend I cannot login again. If I deactivate the
extension I can log in to the backend again.

If I disable the cal__dam_references extension, the backend login works
again. Okay, next step: I stepped through the ext_tables.php of the
cal__dam_references extension and when commenting out the lines after

     // load TCA of db-tables

the login works again.

Okay, another try: commenting in again the lines and change the
loginSecurityLevel in localconf.php. After adding a new user via the
install tool to get the md5 hashed password I can login with enabled
cal__dam_references extension.

Now I tried to reproduce this problem with a freshly installed
introduction package - the same problem occured.

In the next step I created via the kickstarter a new extension which
only extends the tx_cal_category table with a new field. The same
problem occures: no backend login possible. After commenting out the

This is weird and I encountered this problem only with cal. I have no
idea how to avoid this problem. And I don't want to use the normal
loginSecurityLevel with md5 hashes.

Has someone an idea what causes this behaviour?

Regards,
Chris.