[TYPO3-project-4-3] Distributed Pairprogramming in Typo3

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Sat Sep 5 18:30:07 CEST 2009

Hi,

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> I do not say that my beliefs are the ony correct ones. I am sure other people may have different experience.

... for example, me. :-)

I've found "real" pair programming (two coders sitting in front of the
same physical computer) a lot of fun an really productive because ...

1. the coding was generally faster: we could help each other, move the
keyboard over when someone was stuck, and the "social pressure" kept our
focus on the task

2. it saved us all the time-consuming code review/new version/code
review etc. cycles

3. it helps knowledge spreading between the coders

I haven't tried distributes pair programming (DPP) yet, though. I wonder
how the communication in DPP works if you cannot talk to each other.

Oliver