[TYPO3-project-4-3] Distributed Pairprogramming in Typo3

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 21:29:04 CEST 2009

Hi!

Eike Starkmann wrote:
> What do you think? Could you and Typo3 benefit from doing pair
> programming using Saros?

I think there are people who can do it but it is rare. I tried pair programming several times but found that two developers must be really on the same level. If one of them is higher, than it becomes master/slave programming, which takes more time than a simple "master" programming.

Therefore I do not really believe into pair programming. The concept sounds nice but in practice I neve saw satisfying result. May be I am simply unlucky.

I believe two programmers can work on the same module if the clearly separate tasks and agree on API that they will provide to each other.

I do not say that my beliefs are the ony correct ones. I am sure other people may have different experience.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dmitryd